Tuesday, March 17, 2009

mud monsters!

Let me give you a download of the last 48 hrs...... Yesterday was really nice so I told the boys they could go out in the backyard and play. I usually go and check on them every 10-15 minutes or so. I looked out of the window only to see Jacob and Luke playing in a mud puddle. Now mind you, this wasn't your regular run-of-the-mill watery mud. This was the thick-as-glue, no chance of getting this stuff out of their clothes, puddle. It was in their hair, belly buttons, ears, EVERYWHERE! I made them strip right outside the backdoor, and haul it (over towels I put down over my JUST STEAM CLEANED CARPET!!!) to the bathroom. Once there I promptly dumped them in the tub and started scrubbing. I had to get an old toothbrush out to scrub thier finger and toenails!! I actually had to wash Luke's hair twice. After I got them out of the tub I drained the water and...................GOOD GRIEF!!! It was like our own personal mud puddle in the bath...nice. I don't know what took me longer--cleaning them or cleaning the tub! Oh well, boys love rocks, worms, sticks, and mud! I remind myself sometimes that mud puddles will only last so long......as will the fact that they will only be little enough to want to play in them for so long. Too bad I didn't get a picture!
Today I woke up sick! I have no voice. Not a good thing when you're a mom of 4. I think they are taking advantage of the fact! Someone tell me how to umm....speak loudly.....without talking please! I'm outnumbered over here!! Tomorrow there is a playgroup at the park so I am praying I am better by then......all of you who read this please pray the same!!
Blessings,
Amy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl im always praying for u! lol i give kudos to my cousin amy for raising a small army! u need ur own tv show!
lots of love! :)

Miranda said...

yeah it would be called A&D +4

OR 3 dudes and a diva

The Wilson Crew said...

hmm, 3 dudes and a diva....sounds promising.