Monday, October 20, 2008

Busy times

We are about to enter the most busy time of year for our family. Our princess is turning one this Thursday. I can't believe a year has already flown by since Delaney was born. She is crawling now and pulling up. I don't look for her to start walking for a few more months. She was 5 weeks early and has been behind on just about everything because of it, but she is doing great! She is so sweet and such a good little girl! Daniel will turn 6 on the 29th!! It just doesn't seem possible that I am a mother of a 6 yr old who is in Kindergarten! I was looking at pictures of him as a baby the other day and you wouldn't believe it was him. He was so chubby back then, much different then the bean pole he is now, lol! He is doing great in school. His teacher says that his reading level is great! He can read or sound out most words he sees. He loves going to school, and really likes his teacher which is such a blessing to me. If he had his way he'd go to school on Saturdays and Sunday's as well! My nephew Caiden will be turning 2 on Halloween as well, which is also his mama's birthday too! We are combining their birthdays and having one big party for them all. Add in Jacob's soccer practices, games, all doctor's appts for well child checkups, school functions for Daniel, Derek's crazy work schedule, and one might go crazy! It's no wonder we have 3 calendars to let us all know what the other is doing on any given day, lol. I don't think I have a free Saturday for 2 months! But I'm thankful that we're all able to do things together. I know that when my children become teenagers they probably won't want to spend as much time with their 'old mom' lol. This past weekend we went to cousin Kinley's 1st birthday party. She is such a cute little girly girl! Shelly I just loved her cake, tutu, and party hat! The kids had fun in the bounce house and when we got home that night they all went to sleep with no problem and slept through the night! THANK YOU!!! ha ha! It was great to see everyone, we don't see each other as often as we should...but we're all so scattered and busy I know it's hard for everyone to get together.
Hope everyone has a blessed week!
'This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.' Psalm 118:24
~~Amy~~

3 comments:

~Shelly~ said...

thanks! and thank u guys for coming, we had a blast even tho i didnt get to visit as much as i wanted to! im sad that i have to miss yalls birthday party. but kinley will be there :)

Miranda said...

mother of a six year old. I cant believe you are old enough to have 4 kids, 2 dogs, 1 turtle and a partridge in a pear tree. hahahahha...
Im glad that you got to see me at the party this weekend. I had a really god time. Love ya

Unknown said...

Glad to see you are blogging. It was so good to see you and the kids this weekend. I don't know how you do it all. Hope to see you guys soon. Delaney is absolutely precious!